By voting Greens in the Senate, you increase the ability for a larger Greens Senate team to get these improvements debated and passed into law by the Parliament.
Some of the highlights include:
- Farmers' right to refuse Coal and CSG mining on their land
- Ending fossil fuel political donations and subsidies
- Protection for the Great Barrier Reef, alpine areas and marine life.
- Support for the local livestock industry
- Strengthening Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander land rights and granting of native title
- Helping single parents and Australians who need Newstart
- Freeing children from detention and increasing our humanitarian visa intake
- Marriage equality
- Dying with Dignity
- Gender & pay equality
- A National ICAC (Independent Commission Against Corruption)
- Requiring a majority vote of the Parliament, not just the PM, to send Australians into war.
In all there are:
- 12 Environmental & animal welfare bills.
- 9 Social Justice bills including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
- 6 bills to strengthen democracy and peace for Australia.
- 5 bills to achieve justice for asylum seekers and fairer migration rules.
- 4 equality bills.
But it will take YOUR #1 Greens vote in the Senate to give the Greens the Senators they need to achieve these goals.
Please tell your friends and share!